in Troy Alabama!
Mfg., Inc. a rapidly growing and leading manufacturer of fine
sporting firearms with locations in AL, NY, NJ, and MT has an immediate
opening for an experienced Director of Quality located in our
new expansion site in Troy, Alabama.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for
establishing a corporate quality assurance system and a team that
promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts financial
performance. Direct supervision of quality assurance employees in all
The following is a list of the key job
responsibilities but is not meant to be all inclusive:
- Champion continuous improvement
efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish an effective
Quality Management System (QMS); initiate and implement quality
improvement activities as appropriate (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma) to
raise the performance of the companyÃƒÆ’Ã†â*™Ãƒâ**Ã‚Â¢*ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢**Ãƒâ**Ã‚Â¢s product lines.
- Manage all aspects of the ISO
9001:2008 Quality System Including Management Reviews, Internal
Audits, Customer Complaints, Corrective/Preventive Actions, Document,
and Records control and Customer Satisfaction.
- Develop, implement, manage and
integrate a QMS for manufacturing plants.
- Develop and review standards,
policies, and procedures for all functions and departments related to
the production of all products.
- Serve as the primary quality
resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and
- Support concurrent engineering
efforts by participating in design development projects representing
quality assurance and the customer.
- Design, implement and document
procedures for process control, process improvement, testing, and
- Establish and implement metrics
(process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for
monitoring system effectiveness, and to enable managers to make sound
product quality decisions.
- Perform root-cause analysis and
other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective
actions and process improvements.
- Establish collection and analysis
systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect the
improvement of product quality.
- Review complaint trends and product
/component failure analysis and assure effective corrective action is
- Develop quality planning methods for
all product lines, and develop process certification standards and
assist in process certification.
- Monitor vendor performance and
establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
- Review customer purchase orders,
contracts, and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria
and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Interact with customers to identify
opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with
manufacturing and development personnel.
- Oversee calibration and testing
- Review suppliers purchase orders and
establish supplier quality requirements.
- Manage and participates in internal
and external quality audits.
- Interface with supplier and customer
quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and
assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Prepare monthly quality reports that
provide internal and external product quality information and quality
- Analyzes, evaluates, and presents
information concerning factors, such as business situations,
production capabilities, manufacturing problems, economic trends, and
design and development of new products for consideration by other
members of the management team.
- Suggests and debates alternative
methods and procedures for solving problems and meeting changing
- Develops initial and subsequent
modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of
responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures
within program, according to and consistent with company goals and
- Evaluates contents of reports from
product assurance program department heads and confers with top
management personnel preparatory to formulating fiscal budget for
product assurance program.
- Conducts management meetings with
product assurance program department heads to establish, delineate,
and review program organizational policies, to coordinate functions
and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities
and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Reviews technical problems and
procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or
changes in procedures.
- Visits and confers with
representatives of material and component vendors to obtain
information related to supply quality, the capacity of vendor to meet
orders, and vendor quality standards.
- Confers with engineers about quality
assurance of new products designed and manufactured products on the
market to rectify problems.
The successful candidate will possess
10+ years of experience in QA systems implementation, and management,
with five years as a Certified Quality Engineer/Certified Quality
Manager (CQE/CQM) in a medium-size manufacturing environment, preferably
in the metal machining and metal fabrication industries including:
- Experience in design/prototype
- Experience implementing and
maintaining an ISO Quality Management System.
- Broad knowledge of theory and
principles of statistics and statistical process control.
- Experience in designing and
implementing quality systems.
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and
control methods, techniques, and documentation.
- Strong computer skills including
quality control applications, word processing, spreadsheets, and
- Thorough understanding of general
- Understanding of Mil Standards.
- Training in foreign object damage
- Required: BS/BA in Mechanical
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or
- Preferred: Advanced Degree
- Six Sigma black-belt certification
Kimber offers a competitive
compensation and benefits package that includes health and dental
insurance, 401k Savings Plan, and paid time off.
ready to embark on an exciting career as a Director of Quality
with Kimber Mfg., Inc. in Troy, AL, please send your
resume in Word format, along with a cover letter and your salary
Include your full name and the position you are applying for on
the subject line of your email. Only qualified candidates will be
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.