in Troy Alabama!
Mfg., Inc. a rapidly growing and leading manufacturer of fine
sporting firearms with locations in AL, NY, NJ, and MT has an immediate
opening for an experienced Purchasing Manager located in our new
expansion site in Troy, Alabama. In this role, you will be
responsible for managing the daily activities related to buying the best
goods, equipment and services needed to support the manufacturing
operation; and supervision of the purchasing staff.
- Ensure departmental compliance to
all regulatory requirements.
- Manage the replenishment of
inventory to ensure balance with demand at the best price, lead time
- Develop and maintain standard
reports to assess performance and report goals.
- Conduct research to ascertain the
products or supplies that provide the best value, quality, and
- Train and supervise the activities
of the purchasing staff.
- Evaluate bids, quotes, and POs, and
make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Negotiate contracts and monitor the
quality of the product and service provided.
- The successful candidate will
possess at least 3-5 years of Purchasing/Managerial experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and
interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel,
Word, and PPT).
- Ability to create Gantt charts and
follow the progress of key projects.
- Must be innovative and embrace lean
principles and practices.
- Strong teamwork and communication
skills and project management skills required.
- ERP experience required; Visual
Purchasing experience preferred.
- APICS certification in supply chain
- Required: 4-year degree in
business, engineering or accounting.
Kimber offers a competitive
compensation and benefits package that includes health and dental
insurance, 401k Savings Plan, and paid time off.
ready to embark on an exciting career as a Purchasing Manager
with Kimber Mfg., Inc. in Troy, AL, please send your
resume in Word format, along with a cover letter and your salary
Include your full name and the position you are applying for on
the subject line of your email. Only qualified candidates will be
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.