Shark is a leading shipbuilder specializing in the design and
production of boats and ships for military, law enforcement, fire
rescue, and a wide spectrum of commercial applications. Metal Shark is
seeking qualified candidates within its shipbuilding facility located in
Bayou La Batre, Alabama.
- Must have a minimum of 2
years’ experience welding pipe
- Must pass a prequalification weld
- Must be able to pass a 6G SMAW
welding test with 90 days of employment
- Must be able to TIG weld in all
- Must be able to work in tight areas
and perform field welds as required
- Demonstrate the ability to notice
improper fit-up of pipe joints prior to welding
- Demonstrate the ability to mirror
- Recognize different pipe alloys and
- Comprehend and understand proper
root openings required on butt weld systems and set back requirements
for socket weld systems.
- Understand and utilize purging
- Understand weld sizes and types
(Convex & Concave)
Shark offers Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K Plan, Paid Time Off
and Paid Holidays.
candidates, please apply by emailing your resume for consideration to:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.