Shark is a leading shipbuilder specializing in the design and
production of boats and ships for military, law enforcement, fire
rescue, and a wide spectrum of commercial applications. Metal Shark is
seeking qualified candidates within its shipbuilding facility located in
Bayou La Batre, Alabama.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the
ship/boat building industry as a structural fitter
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Minimal welding experience must be
able to tack weld
- Must be proficient in layout and
cutting of steels and aluminum using necessary tools
- Must possess the basic tools
required to perform shipfitters duties.
- Excellent math skills with the
ability to read a tape measure and other measuring devices.
- Must maintain dimensional accuracy
and fairness of materials to be fitted.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to operate equipment safely
and comply with all safety standards
- Demonstrates strong work ethic
- Must be able to recognize fit-up
issues and relay to supervisor
- Must be able to operate power tools
(grinders, saws, drills, etc.)
- Demonstrates consistency in quality
of work with minimal to no discrepancies
Shark offers Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K Plan, Paid Time Off
and Paid Holidays.
candidates, please apply by emailing your resume for consideration to:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.