Appliances is seeking applicants for Tool, Die & Mold
Technicians. GE Appliances, a Haier company, makes
refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers,
and more. The Tool, Die & Mold Technician positions are available at
the company’s refrigerator plant in Decatur, Alabama.
DIE & MOLD TECHNICIANS
RATE: $28.59 PER HOUR
TO $2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
- Maintain dies and other tooling to
produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity.
- Installing/upgrading, and
- Tig, and Mig welding, and hand
working parts of dies (heat treat of materials).
hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical/mechanical equipment and pumps.
- Conduct preventive maintenance as
- Complete shop records and usage of
reporting / tracking systems following established procedures.
- Work in a safe manner at all times
being aware of potential hazards in the area and safeguarding those
- Adjust manufacturing equipment and
testing of machinery for accuracy.
- Operation of motorized equipment
in accordance of safety guidelines.
- Performing any other tasks
assigned by the Manager.
- Associates Degree in Machine
Technology - Tool & Die or similar trade, or a journeyman
certification with at least 5 years related experience, or equivalent
education and experience.
- Minimum of 1-year experience /
working knowledge in skilled trade (welding, millwright, electrical,
injection molding, hydraulics, pneumatics and HVAC).
- Must be able to read and interpret
detailed drawings and prints.
- Mig, Tig, and SMAW (stick) welding
certification required or ability to obtain.
- Experience in the trade of tool and
die mold repair with a strong mechanical background.
- Experience running mills, lathes and
precision surface grinders.
- Plastic injection molding equipment
experience, and progressive metal stamping and pierce die experience.
- Knowledge of valve gates and repair
Appliances offers a benefits package, including medical, dental and
vision benefits on the first day of employment. Other benefits offered
are vacation and personal time off, short-term disability, life
insurance and a 401K savings plan with company match.
you’re ready to embark on an exciting career with GE Appliances as a
Tool, Die & Mold Technician, please apply online at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.