Martinrea is seeking applicants for a Material Handler at their facility in TUSCALOOSA, Alabama. Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminum products.
$14.97 - $19.91 PER HOUR
BASED ON EXPERIENCE
- Ensure that internal and external customers are supplied with all required materials and supporting documentations. Load and unload trucks of outgoing and incoming materials. Move, organize, and store materials in correct warehouse locations.
- Follow all work and safety instructions for all assigned operations.
- Operate assigned mobile equipment, including fork trucks/tuggers safely and with due consideration to pedestrians and safety regulations
- Supply the assigned manufacturing area(s) with raw materials, parts, supplies and dunnage to maintain uptime
- Receive inbound trucks (receiving components/ sub-contractor parts/ empty bins/ steel coils/ oils etc.)
- Ensure that all materials and finished goods are put away safely into proper areas and labeled with required documentation. Maintain empty bin/rack location to ensure availability for production use
- Prepare / stage product for outgoing shipments. Load and ship product as per outgoing Pick-sheet/BOL
- Ensure that product is dispersed or consumed based on FIFO
- Take inventory counts as required; make sure raw materials, in-process, and finished goods are stored in designated locations
- Complete the necessary documentation; forklift checklist
- Perform regular inspection/maintenance and safety checks on equipment as required
- Report to supervision the absence of, or defect in any equipment or protective device of which you are aware and which may endanger the health and safety of yourself or another worker
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have valid Forklift certification and experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Must be able to interact effectively with employees at all levels in a team environment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and sound judgment to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Must be able to perform this job successfully, and must be able to perform all essential functions
- Ability to follow well defined procedures, with organization skills
- Ability to use computer inventory system; experience with CMS is an asset
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement.
- Supplier discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities.
Please email resume with “MATERIAL HANDLER” in subject line to:
Equal Opportunity Employer