AIDT is seeking applicants for Pre-Employment Training for Operator positions with James Hardie Building Products at their facility located in Prattville, Alabama. At James Hardie Building Products we apply our science, research, and cutting edge technology to enjoy our continued status as a $1.5 billion world leader in fiber-cement technology. As the world leader in fiber-cement technology we manufacture durable, beautiful building material products for the residential market.
- As an Operator reporting to the Departmental Supervisor, the Operator is responsible for safety and quality of the product off the line.
- The Operator is also responsible for housekeeping, trouble-shooting, and achieving daily production and quality requirements.
- Follow all plant safety regulations and considers safety first in all job actions.
- Support the Department’s daily, weekly, monthly KPI’s by the performance of planned work.
- Maintain the highest quality standard.
- Follow position specific checklist and accepted “best practices.”
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two years in a manufacturing environment (preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and comply with plant safety regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written directions and training manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to read a tape measure and have basic math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively take action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in job roles.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver sustainable and superior results.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers and management regarding equipment status, safety issues, and turnover information.
- Willingness and ability to become certified to operate forklifts, man lifts and overhead cranes.
- We offer great benefits including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance; life insurance, STD & LTD, 401K and paid vacation.
- Sign-on Bonus $1000 at 1 month.
bonus $1000 at 6 months.
TO APPLY:Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking the "Apply" button below.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.