Martinrea is seeking applicants for a Production Team Member at their facility in TUSCALOOSA, Alabama. Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminum products.
$16.00 - $20.50 PER HOUR
- Continuously improve knowledge of all aspects of assigned work cells
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives and lean manufacturing thinking to optimize the work cell
- Actively participate in cross-training and job rotation, both within and outside of the department as needed
- Ensure that only quality parts are passed on to the next operations, notify team leader of any quality related problems immediately
- Complete all necessary documentation (production reports, quality alerts, etc.) correctly and in a timely manner. Ask for assistance as required
- Perform Red Herring as per work instruction
- Ensure First Off and Last Off procedures are being followed at all times
- Conduct in process quality fixture checks and populate quality inspection sheet
- Operate variety of equipment, manually produce parts or perform other duties according to specific job instructions
- Follow standardized work instructions and verbal directions to meet targeted production quotas independently and as part of a team
- Be involved with activities such as 1X1 problem solving and continuous improvements
- Create Live Reporting labels when required
- Provide/pre-stage material for related processes in order to meet hourly production rates
- Ensure handling, storage, packaging, preservation and delivery of product so as to prevent damage, contamination, and deterioration
- Escalate all quality and part shortage concerns to team leader immediately
- Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Must have High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 6 to 18 months experience in a production environment, machine operation
- Ability to follow standardized work instructions
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement.
- Supplier discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.