Hager Companies is seeking applicants for Production Operators at their facility in Montgomery, Alabama. For more than 170 years, Hager Companies stands alone as the only provider of a full line of door hardware that is US-based.
PAY: $14 PER HOUR
- Read and interpret blueprints and routing sheet to determine material requirements and sequence of operation.
- Position work-piece against stops, alignment blocks or alignment pins and engage machine to complete operation.
- Operate machine to prove out set ups and produce a pilot work-piece for inspection purposes; measure work-piece dimensions using measuring instruments, such as (but not limited to) calipers, height gauges, tape measure and templates.
- Stack and move work from station to station.
- Maintain and lubricate machine tools and equipment.
- Follow all safety and environmental procedures.
- Perform quality checks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- HOURS: Monday – Thursday, 6am – 4pm.
- High school or general equivalent diploma (GED).
- Six months prior Machine Operator or equivalent experience.
- Comprehend oral and written instructions, add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals and fractions and use adjustable measuring instructions where interpretation is required.
- May require the ability to stand, walk, reach, push, pull, grasp, talk, hear, and see.
- May be required to lift over 25 to 60 pounds occasionally and/or 1 to 5 pounds continuously from floor to waist and move a distance of 6 to 8 feet.
- May be required to use the following: Metal Working Machines, Tape measure, Height Gauge, Calipers, Templates, Dies.
- (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life and other ancillary benefits. Hager offers PTO, company paid holidays, 401(k), and an incentive bonus plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer