Hager Companies is seeking applicants for a Production Supervisor at their facility in Montgomery, Alabama. For more than 170 years, Hager Companies stands alone as the only provider of a full line of door hardware that is US-based.
- Review schedule and ensure the production plan meets the requirements for on time delivery to the customer.
- Implement EHS programs to ensure a safe environment for the workforce.
- Lead measures to improve the quality, safety, productivity, and deliver of assigned areas.
- Develop an environment that supports employee involvement, teamwork, and personnel development.
- Provide regular feedback to employees regarding goals, performance, initiatives, and company programs.
- Establish proper safety training of cell personnel and develops employee’s involvement in maintaining a safe work environment. Investigates work related injuries and processes proper documentation for Workers Comp purposes. Resolves any safety related problems in an efficient and rapid method.
- Promote employee involvement through delegation of responsibility and accountability at the employee level. Act as a facilitator in group problem solving efforts.
- Establish, in conjunction with the Plant Manager, cell performance measures that are tracked on a regular basis to insure cell goals support plant and corporate goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelors degree in Operations or Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and supervisory experience and training.
- Preferred Minimum of five years supervisory experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment required prior to entry into position.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of management principles, processes and techniques as applied to manufacturing and distribution operations and supervisory practices, along with the ability to apply principles to solve practical problems with situations where only limited standardization exist.
- Knowledge of door hardware to include experience with metal fabrication is preferred.
- Proficiency with computers and basic software packages, such as Microsoft Office.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer