United Launch Alliance is seeking applicants for a 1st-shift Precision Components Weld Technician in Decatur, AL. ULA is unmatched in reliability and experience, combining more than 100 years of launch history with the Atlas and Delta rocket families to achieve more than 145 consecutive launches since 2006. We will continue to achieve legendary results as we develop the new Vulcan rocket, America’s next extraordinary ride to space.
COMPONENTS WELD TECHNICIAN (1ST SHIFT)
$16.28 - $40.00 PER HOUR
BASED UPON EXPERIENCE
- This work is typically done by machine operators of vertical lathe, hemi mill, skin mill, brake operators, assembly/metal fitters, welders, chemical processors, structure mechanics, composite structure mechanics, assembly technicians, system installers and testers, avionics installers and testers, non-destructive test technicians, and painters.
- This particular posting is looking for welders with experience in orbital tube welding with aluminum, Inconel, stainless steel, and experience with manual TIG welding. Familiar with NDT for critical inspections for weld criteria, ability to read blue prints, and ability to successfully repair weld defects.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years in a welding-fitting/machine environment and minimum of 1 years aerospace fabrication and/or manufacturing.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, detailed written work instructions, and other printed or graphical instruction.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs., bend, kneel, squat, stoop, work overhead, reach above shoulder level, sit, stand, walk (sometimes on uneven surfaces), push, pull, grasp and climb.
- Must be willing to work weekends, extended hours, and off shifts as needed.
- Knowledge of general weld shop practices, specifically in aerospace industry.
- 1st shift: Sunday - Friday, 7am - 3:30pm. (time may be adjusted by management at any time with notice).
- Must be willing to work weekends or extended hours as needed.
- Manufacturing environment.
- ULA has implemented a vaccination policy, effective October 1, 2021.
- As a condition of employment, employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, in full. If offered employment with ULA, you must receive at least the first dose (if Moderna or Pfizer) OR the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine prior to your start date, and provide evidence of the vaccine (by bringing your CDC vaccination card to your NEO).
- You will also be required to receive your second dose (if Moderna or Pfizer) within 30 days after commencing employment.
- ULA offers a very competitive benefits package.
- Please visit www.ulalaunch.com/careers/benefits for more details.
Equal Opportunity Employer