Globe Metallurgical Inc. is seeking applicants for an Mechanical Engineer in Selma, Al. Globe Metallurgical Inc. is part of the Iron and Steel Mills and Ferroalloy Manufacturing Industry.
$70k - $90k
- Follows safety procedures and guidelines as established by Management.
- Inspects and oversees the plant’s smelting operations to optimize production throughout and maintain quality control.
- Provides guidance and direction to mechanical maintenance supervisors and hourly employees for daily goals and targets.
- Confirms systems and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and testing properties.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical solutions by studying requirements, researching and testing manufacturing and mechanical assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling and installing mechanical components.
- Develops mechanical preventive maintenance procedures and measures implementation.
- Troubleshoots and supports existing plant’s mechanical systems to maintain plant’s performance and uptime with focus on control systems and power distribution systems.
- Prepares detailed and accurate reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Keeps equipment and machinery operational by coordinating mechanical maintenance and repair services, following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures.
- Performs and Supervises facility mechanical inspections to identify potential problems.
- Engineers, designs and implements new mechanical projects to improve plant’s mechanical operational systems, identifies and replaces old equipment and improves overall reliability.
- Maintains systems and product data base by writing computer programs and entering relevant data.
- Completes plant’s mechanical projects by training and guiding master mechanics, mechanics and millwrights.
- Optimizes the plant’s mechanical programs including preventive maintenance programs and writes accurate reports of these activities.
- Plans and oversees installation of new mechanical equipment and machinery.
- Reviews periodically methods, procedures, reporting and processes to increase efficiency.
- Creates, develops and oversees the configurations of mechanical maintenance programs from inception through startup and conclusion.
- Provides detailed and accurate reports to upper management on current status of mechanical maintenance department activities
- Ensures that health, safety policies, standards and procedures are complied with at all times.
- Promptly corrects any department deficiencies.
- Additional duties as required.
- Outlook, Excel, MS Office Suite and SAP
- Attention to details
- Be task oriented, able to plan, implement, and complete tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- B.S. in Mining, Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in heavy industry, industrial manufacturing or related industry.
- Strong Problem-solving, training, organizational, documentation and computer knowledge is required.
- Solid project management and heavy industry experience is preferred.
- Verifiable experience in the conceptualization and development of routine preventive maintenance is required.
Manufacturing environment: noise, vibration, mechanical, electrical, chemical, dust
- Medical, dental, & life insurance
- Matching 401k
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 10 paid holidays
Please send resumes with “MECHANICAL ENGINEER” in the subject line to:
Equal Opportunity Employer