Globe Metallurgical Inc. is seeking applicants for a Production Manager in Selma, Al. Globe Metallurgical Inc. is part of the Iron and Steel Mills and Ferroalloy Manufacturing Industry.
$70k - $90k
- Follows safety procedures and guidelines as established by Management.
- Ensures that the final product is produced on schedule and according to quality requirements and specifications.
- Reviews processing schedules of production and makes decision concerning work procedures, duty assignments taking into account budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Coordinates with appropriate functional groups to resolve problems, expedite materials and/or processes, and determines priorities.
- Evaluates direct reports on technical abilities, performance and leadership development skills.
- Implements and enforces quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives.
- Implements cost control programs and optimizes resource utilization.
- Estimates production costs and ensures that production goals are timely met and on budget.
- Optimizes overall production operation to, at least, to meet quality and improve performance standards.
- Analyses and determines resource requirements and work allocation for production operation.
- Promotes good communication verbally and in writing to all Furnace Foremen (all tasks are reduced to written form).
- Ensures that health, safety policies, standards and procedures are complied with at all times.
- Promptly corrects any department deficiencies.
- Additional duties as required.
- Outlook, Excel, MS Office Suite and SAP
- Attention to details
- Be task oriented, able to plan, implement, and complete tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- B.S. in Metallurgical, Chemical, Mechanical Industrial or Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years minimum experience as Production Manager in the silicon metal, steel, or aluminum industry or related industry.
- Excellent knowledge of material handling and metallurgical principles and applications.
- Demonstrated leadership, project and process management, facilitation and problem solving analysis.
- Superior knowledge of production processes, quality control and cost estimating.
Manufacturing environment: noise, vibration, mechanical, electrical, chemical, dust
- Medical, dental, & life insurance
- Matching 401k
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 10 paid holidays
Please send resumes with “PRODUCTION MANAGER” in the subject line to:
Equal Opportunity Employer