Polaris is seeking applicants for pre-employment training for Welders in Huntsville, AL. Polaris Inc. is an American manufacturer of motorcycles, snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, and neighborhood electric vehicles.
$19.92 PER HOUR
- Perform welding tasks based on production schedules.
- Inspect all parts prior to and following entering workstations assigned to; immediately report non-conformance issues to group leader and/or Supervisor.
- Perform quality testing and documentation as required.
- Accurately complete paperwork required for production records, including: labor reporting, move tickets, SPC charts etc.
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations strictly and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Maintain a consistent pace throughout the shift with focus on quality (i.e., within applicable quality standards).
- Rotate between workstations as assigned.
- Perform duties assigned by Supervisor and/or Group Leader.
- Work overtime as required and mandated by production schedules.
- 18 years of age or older.
- 1+ years of industry experience (preferred).
- Ability to read and understand routings, work orders and production reports necessary (preferred).
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, and squat.
- Stand and walk up to nine hours per day and reach overhead continuously.
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
- Repetitive use of upper extremities.
- Good hand-eye coordination and dexterity.
- It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to twelve hours a day.
- 1st Shift: 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM with some overtime that may extend shift time.
- 2nd Shift: 3:30 PM – 12:00 AM with some overtime that may extend shift time.
- Working with hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Will be required to wear the proper safety equipment and follow all safety guidelines.
- Working in a typical weld environment in which above average temperatures are expected.
- Medical benefits start on day 1of employment.
- All other benefits (dental / vision / etc.) start on the 1st day of the month after completing 60 days of service.
Mask are required for anyone that is not fully vaccinated for Covid. Fully vaccinated means that you have received all required doses, and there has been a minimum of 14-days since your last dose.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.