Globe Metallurgical Inc. is seeking applicants for a Lab Tech in Selma, Al. Globe Metallurgical Inc. is part of the Iron and Steel Mills and Ferroalloy Manufacturing Industry.
$35k - $45k
- Follows safety procedures and guidelines as established by Management.
- Collects and updates lab computer data files, including grading program.
- Designs and executes laboratory testing according to standard procedures, makes observations and interprets findings.
- Conducts experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods.
- Coordinates with Shipping Department to generate and report shipment analysis.
- Enters raw material analysis, shipment analysis and tap analysis in the Alpha System.
- Collects and analyzes samples for NPDES permit.
- Prepares and analyzes raw material samples.
- Performs trace and special analyzes in ICP.
- Prepares standards for the ICP.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and assists in ordering laboratory supplies as needed.
- Promptly corrects any department deficiencies.
- Additional duties as required.
Outlook and SAP
- Be task oriented, able to plan, implement, and complete tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High School and/or Trade School Certificate in chemistry from an accredited institution. Two year college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Heavy Industry, industrial manufacturing or related industry preferred.
- Solid problem-solving, training, organizational, documentation and computer skills.
- Substantial understanding of production processes.
- Basic knowledge of Lockout/Tag out requirements.
Manufacturing environment: noise, vibration, mechanical, electrical, chemical, dust
- Medical, dental, & life insurance
- Matching 401k
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 10 paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer