PERMANENT MBUSI MAINTENANCE TEAM MEMBER
STARTING PAY: $28.32 PER HOUR
WITH A TOP RATE OF $36+ IN 2 YEARS AFTER REGULAR WAGE INCREASES PLUS SHIFT PREMIUM
This position is a DIRECT HIRE to MBUSI with “Day One” eligibility for all of MBUSI’s Benefit programs.
Mercedes-Benz: Building Exceptional Vehicles… and Careers!
The best chapters in Alabama’s automotive success story are yet to come. The Mercedes-Benz automobile of the future will be different; greener, more efficient, safer, and even more fascinating.
Only one thing will never change – It will wear a star.
Our Tuscaloosa County site is home to the production of Mercedes’ luxury SUV models including electric vehicles. Just down the road in Bibb County, MBUSI is launching the production of batteries. Our two campuses are among the most advanced automotive manufacturing facilities in the world, with over 6 million square feet combined.
MBUSI offers an excellent compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health, life, dental, vision insurance
- 401(k) matching program and defined contribution retirement plan
- Annual bonus as well as monthly attendance bonus
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Emergency Vacation days including a paid Winter Shutdown
- On-site childcare, no cost medical clinics in Tuscaloosa, Birmingham (Hoover), Plant and fitness center
- Tuition assistance program
- Lease vehicle program
- Toolbox and all tools supplied by Mercedes
- All uniforms, safety shoes and other PPE provided by Mercedes
- Extensive technical training on cutting edge technologies
Our Team Members share a common goal to be the best luxury auto manufacturer in North America. MBUSI is committed to excellence and actively promotes positive team culture, teamwork, safety, quality, and continuous improvement.
Mercedes-Benz, U.S. International, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc. follows all local, state and federal laws in all aspects of business. All employment is at-will.
- Good attendance in accordance with regulations is a must.
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Willingness to work a variety of standard shift patterns including 10-hour shifts (4 day work weeks), 8-hour shifts (5 day work weeks), and more.
- Some shifts rotate and some shifts are fixed, shift preference offered based on availability.
- Production areas are climate controlled for all seasons.
- Maintenance Team Members are multi-skilled, requiring each Team Member to perform all required tasks needed to maintain the equipment (i.e., electrical, mechanical, software, hardware, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Respond, troubleshoot and repair all equipment downtime issues not handled by the production group.
- Perform and assist with technical training on TPMs and Equipment Technology
- Work in a team environment to operate and maintain all equipment to support manufacturing targets and requirements.
Education, Experience and Necessary Skills all must be met in order to qualify for position.
Combination (Education/Experience): Two (2) year technical degree from a certified Trade School or Technical College in Industrial Electronics/Electrical fields plus Three (3) years of maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Experience with No Degree: A total of ten (10) years of maintenance experience in an automated industrial manufacturing environment.
Necessary Skills, Certifications, etc.: All candidates must successfully pass a STANDARD Maintenance On-Line Test and a Hands-On Test that involves subjects related to this position. Candidate must be able to work in a multi-skilled environment with maintenance aptitude to learn skilled trades other than their specific area of expertise and be present and able to perform the essential functions of the job.
Preferred Experience in programming and maintenance:
- Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of closed-loop servo systems
- Experience in design, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of sequential processes
- Experience working with high level programming languages
- Experience in interfacing controls, processes and feedback devices
- Experience in Human/Machine interface devices and associated software
- Experience in installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of AC variable frequency drives
Experience in the following areas is highly desirable:
- Robot Teaching & Programmer Paths (KUKA or ABB preferred), maintaining tool center point systems, re-mastering axes and end of tool device fabrication, repair/rebuild.
- Strong PLC skills including troubleshooting ladder logic & function block based systems including programming sequences to control machine operations including Safety PLC systems knowledge, including Network troubleshooting skills.
- Vision systems knowledge as applied to Robotic Applications for path offset or robot guidance (Preceptron, ISRA).
- Robotic Joining systems knowledge, including Spot, Stud, MIG, Riveting & Laser Welding. Includes skills in hardware and software systems (Bosch, Fronius, Emhart/Stanley).
- Strong skills in frequency drives, both troubleshooting, programming & setup (SEW, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Lenze).
- Strong skills in fluid and gluing systems.
- Participate and be an active member of root cause analysis and complete maintenance management systems (CMMS).
Come join our excellent team!
candidates may apply by clicking the "APPLY" button below.
Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and follows all applicable state, federal and local laws.
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.