Coastal Growers is seeking applicants for a Production Supervisor in Atmore, AL. Coastal Growers is a grower-owned LLC peanut shelling plant owned by local farm families in the southeast.
$55k - $65k
BASED UPON EXPERIENCE
Our Production Supervisor is a key part of the Production department and team. This role leads front line Production employees to accomplish production throughput and quality goals in a safe and cost-efficient manner. Our Production Supervisor also manages employee performance and develops employees.
- Responsible for scheduling daily and weekly production assignments for front line production team
- Supervise employees who will be moving, cleaning, shelling, sorting, sizing, and packaging peanuts.
- Set and operate shelling equipment.
- Proactively monitors and measures production department throughput and quality metrics daily; responsible for coaching, counseling, and managing employees via timely feedback and development
- Maintain detailed and accurate production records. Assist in the training and evaluation of employees assigned to the department. Review operations and implement corrective action for improvements and changes.
- Responsible for labor variance in the department.
- Partners with Health & Safety function to advance production department safety programs and improve employee safety in the workplace
- Serve as the ‘face’ for employees on assigned shift; lead daily team huddles and monthly team meetings to drive team alignment, productivity, and safety
- Serve as the on-site safety representative during emergency situations and when manager is offsite. Responsible for investigating and reporting safety incidents and identifying corrective actions to address safety findings.
- Partner with sanitation function to drive compliance in production department sanitation.
- Assists Plant Manager in developing department-operating budget.
- Uses lean
manufacturing processes to drive continuous process improvements in
quality, productivity, sanitation, and safety.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent from an accredited institution
- 1+ years leadership or supervisory experience
- 3+ years manufacturing experience
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and extra hours, as needed
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Associates degree in maintenance, manufacturing, or related technical field
- Previous experience with implementing behavior-based safety programs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strategic planning skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Overnight Shift (Preferred)
• Day Shift (Preferred)
• Night Shift (Preferred)
The work environment will be non-climate controlled. The warehouse and production areas will be hot during the summer and cold during the winter. This individual will spend about 40% of time in the warehouse/production area and 60% in the office area. This role could also require standing, walking, and ladder climbing for 4 or more hours per shift. They must be able to work in hot, humid, and cold manufacturing environments.
- We will now monitor your temperature as you enter and check for cough and difficulty of breathing. Screening out employees with any of these symptoms helps keep everybody inside safe.
- All staff are urged to take basic preventive measures to avoid exposure to or infection by the virus causing COVID-19 like washing your hands often.
- Use discretion when choosing to visit large, crowded public areas.
- Please adhere to the social distance guidelines while you are entering and exiting the facility, your work area and while on breaks.
- If you feel sick at all, stay at home and monitor your symptoms.
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Equal Opportunity Employer