BELLA+CANVAS is seeking applicants for Cutter Operators in Wetumpka, AL. At BELLA+CANVAS we’re all about premium basics. Our superior craftsmanship, exceptional USA-made quality and commitment to sustainability established us as the go-to apparel company at wholesale and retail.
PAY: $15 PER HOUR
The Cutter Operator is responsible for measuring, marking and maintaining material accuracy using a variety of techniques and equipment. The production environment is a fast paced and requires attention to detail. This role requires efficiency to determine the quantity and type of material to be used; as well as patterns are to be used in accordance with work instructions and designs. This reports to the Cutting Production Manager.
- Assure to inspect fabric quality and flaws in process prior to preparing for cutting fabric.
- Assure all fabric products are cut to the highest standard as determined by the process. Must determine successive lengths of fabric to meet order requirements.
- Report product flaws to Production Supervisor in a timely matter.
- Review orders for quantity and any special instructions which may require using scissors.
- Operate all equipment and tools safely, while maintaining a clean work environment.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to lift/ move up to 20 pounds of material and/or up to 30 pounds on occasion with the assistance of others.
- Assist in the training of new employees, as needed.
- Organized and able to follow a systematic method of performing a task.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Other duties assigned.
- Preferably know how to tend.
- Knowledge of basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- Ability to meet fast-paced productivity goals and standards.
- Must have a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Punctual and regular attendance.
- Monday - Friday, 7:00am to 5:00 pm, (ten hours)
Medical, dental and vision insurances, 401k, employee resources such as TalkSpace for mental health, AloMoves yoga app membership, Maven for all paths to parenthood, and employee discounts.
Please send resumes to the provided email address by clicking the "APPLY" button below:
Equal Opportunity Employer