AIDT is seeking applicants for Pre-Employment Training for an Aircraft Mechanic/Re-Fueler with Turbine WORX in Selma, AL. Turbine WORX Inc is the largest aviation MRO maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in Central Alabama.
PAY: $15 - $33 PER HOUR
- Assist mechanics with a variety of mechanical duties on various aircraft models involving diagnosis of malfunctions and required disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, reassembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems to prepare aircraft for flight and delivery to customer
- Perform a variety of line service activities for company and customer owned aircraft and general Service Center facilities maintenance
- Monitors bulk fuel storage including receiving, dispensing, inventory, and quality control. Maintains fuel trucks.
- Performs aircraft fuel sales.
- Fuels and refuels company, customer and transient aircraft.
- Fuels and operates GSE equipment.
- Transports company and customers to and from airports, hotels, tours, etc.
- Performs runway and taxiway inspections and sweeping.
- Performs standby for aircraft arrivals and departures.
- Responds to all FOB emergencies.
- Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: A minimum of one-year experience as a GSE Re-fueler, preferred.
- Certificates/Licenses: Current valid Driver’s license with clear driving record for past three years required. Ability to obtain a commercial driver’s license.
- Equipment Operated: Fuel trucks, GSE equipment, transportation vehicles.
- Work Location: Flight-line, fuel farm, highway driving.
- Protective Equipment Required: Ear protection, gloves.
- Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets, desert wildlife and insects, working around moving machinery.
- Health care plan with dental and vision options
- Earned college credits can be applied at the completion of the course.
- Retirement plan
TO APPLY:Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking the "Apply" button below.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.