Schnellecke Logistics Alabama is seeking applicants for pre-employment training for a Forklift Operator in Vance, Alabama. The Schnellecke Group is an internationally operating family-owned company that offers a variety of logistics services. In the automotive industry today, they are one of the globally leading logistics service providers.
$17 PER HOUR
- Forklift Operators operate industrial trucks to transport materials from the loading dock to designated warehouse locations
- Adherence to safety principles at all times
- Know and follow standard work procedures and safety rules for all tasks assigned
- Daily inspection and documentation of Forklift Material Handling Equipment
- Inspect product for damage and property scan by machine or manual entry to ensure safe transport and proper placement
- Move controls to drive propane or electric-powered trucks and transport materials between loading
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products for transport to designated areas
- Retrieve materials from overflow inventory, scan, and follow scanner instructions on screen to place material in correct location on outbound dock or Automated Tugger
- Mechanically load or unload from pallets, platforms, or other transport vehicles
- Complete training and company certification requirements for Forklift Material Handling Equipment Operations
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a frequent basis for general purpose of re-stack to product
- Must be able to identify labels on upper rack levels and overhead signs
HOURS & WORK CONDITIONS:
- 1st Shift: Monday - Friday, 6am - 2:30pm; and overtime as required
- This job operates in a warehouse environment
- Noise level may be high
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time; bending and/or reaching may be required
- Personal protective equipment must be worn at all times while on shop floor to prevent injury to self or others
- COVID Policy = masks required
Schnellecke offers a full benefits package which is effective on the first of the month following employment start date. Health insurance is through BCBS of Alabama, Dental is through MetLife, and Vision is through Guardian Davis. Schnellecke offers a robust 401k plan, life and disability coverages, as well as many other elective benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.