Ventura Foods is seeking applicant for a Controls Supervisor (Electrical Controls System Engineering Supervisor in Birmingham, AL. Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
SUPERVISOR (ELECTRICAL CONTROLS SYSTEM ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR)
BASED UPON EXPERIENCE
1ST SHIFT: 7AM - 5PM (TIME FLUCTUATES +/- BASED ON PRODUCTION NEEDS)
Supervise and coordinate the daily activities of maintenance staff to insure installation, adjustments, repairs and maintenance of machinery are conducted in a safe and timely manner. Create and support preventative maintenance strategies and activities for electrical and automation systems within the plant, and assist in troubleshooting electrical, instrumentation and control issues to minimize downtime due to equipment failure.
Lead initiatives to increase the electrical and controls effectiveness of plant equipment and help increase efficiencies by implementing new control methodologies to improve control systems operation and reliability. Train and develop maintenance staff in electrical and control systems to support maintenance department training strategies. Aid in executing focused improvement projects for all electrical and automation systems.
- Supervise shift electricians daily work assignments to ensure they are completed in a acceptable safe and timely manner.
- Manage elecrical maintenance of facility equipment such as boilers, air compressors, chillers, Waste Water Treatment plant, HVAC, dock doors, lighting, main tank farm, rail car unloading, ammonia refrigeration system.
- Create and support preventative maintenance strategies and activities for electrical and automation systems. Maintain all electrical/automation/plc/hmi programs with backup.
- Assist in troubleshooting electrical, instrumentation and control issues to minimize downtime due to equipment failure.
- Develop and implement cost saving opportunities with provided resources to improve reliability of plant equipment control systems.
- Impart PLC and control systems technical knowledge to hourly staff through in house training to enhance the technical and troubleshooting skills of the personnel.
- Design and develop new control methodologies to increase efficiencies or production.
- Assist in planning and completion of maintenance and facility based special projects managing the complete electrical process and contractors to ensure consistency across the plant.
- Develop and apply PLC and HMI programming changes to plant systems during troubleshooting activities and projects to increase efficiency.
- Degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum (3) years of high level experience in computers, computer languages, basic programming, and/or instrumentation fields.
- Electro/Mechanical background coupled with general knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, steam and refrigeration systems.
- In depth knowledge of control system hardware, and processing flow.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and communication skills when interacting with internal/external personnel.
- $1,000 Sign-on & Referral Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Medical & Prescription Coverage
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Profit Sharing and 401k Matching
- Basic and Supplemental (AD&D) Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Interested candidates may apply by clicking the "APPLY" button below:
Equal Opportunity Employer