Ventura Foods is seeking applicant for a Maintenance Supervisor in Birmingham, AL. Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
BASED UPON EXPERIENCE
Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in installing, testing, repairing, and adjusting equipment. Ensure equipment is running efficiently to enable production goals are met and all work order are effectively completed. Consistently manage mechanics with the objective of orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching and disciplining.
Shift Times (shift duration may fluctuate based on daily/weekly manufacturing needs) this position will be on Second:
First: 6:45am - 3:00pm
Second: 2:45pm - 11:00pm
Third: 10:45pm - 7:00am
- Schedule and direct maintenance employees in performing daily work. Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance strategies and activities for electrical / automation systems, HVAC, air compressors and ammonia system. Includes developing and communicating preventative maintenance schedule. Monitor and report completion in a CMMS system (JDE).
- Using lean tools to make recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, increase efficiency of production area or department. Drive your team to find the root cause of all downtime.
- Work closely with Production Manager and production supervisors in ensuring production goals are met by supplying the necessary manpower to fix equipment on an emergent basis. Is responsive to productions needs.
- Develop and maintain a training for employees within department, and to plant personnel for certain procedures including but not limited to LOTO, TPC online, NFPA, PLC and root cause analysis .
- Maintain Conformance with OSHA standards, NFPA, DOLI, Company policies, and other Federal and State regulations.
- Appraise employee performance and recommend wage advancement based on skill level. Maintain departmental conformance with Company policies and procedures, issue corrective action per policy.
- Attend and actively participate in daily production meetings and resolve problems to increase productivity and improve quality. Schedule and lead daily, weekly and monthly staff meetings as laid out in our lean miniaturing system.
- Is an advocate of safety within the facility and follows all safety procedures. Works with safety team to develop and maintain all safety programs. Leads maintenance team safety programs.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with all Food Safety policies, procedures and regulatory criterion including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices, and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated Preventive Controls.
- Bachelors degree or two year degree with equivalent experience. Minimum 2+ years of experience as a front-line supervisor or five years experience in all phases of plant and equipment maintenance.
- Must possess an extremely high degree of accuracy and experience with electrical systems, ammonia refrigeration, high pressure boilers, pneumatics, blueprints, and packaging equipment. Knowledge of GMPs, sanitation and union relations is helpful. Must be able to communicate accurately and clearly with both oral and written materials. Technical understanding of manufacturing equipment and maintenance.
- $1,000 Sign-on & Referral Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Medical & Prescription Coverage
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Profit Sharing and 401k Matching
- Basic and Supplemental (AD&D) Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Interested candidates may apply by clicking the "APPLY" button below:
Equal Opportunity Employer