BELLA+CANVAS is seeking applicants for a Cutting Quality Control in Wetumpka, AL. At BELLA+CANVAS we’re all about premium basics. Our superior craftsmanship, exceptional USA-made quality and commitment to sustainability established us as the go-to apparel company at wholesale and retail.
PAY: $15 - $19 PER HOUR
- Inspection of cut goods - Get the cut ticket from the cutter/operator select/mark 2 sizes on the marker laid on top of the spread fabric with all parts to be inspected.
- Get the pattern from Lead Technician Specialist make sure that we are using the right and approved pattern.
- Performs complete layout inspections by measuring dimensions, such as length, height, and width using tape measure.
- Inspect/check the cut goods for top and middle ply with the pattern, but for the Style # 3001’s and 3001CVC sleeve should be top, middle and bottom ply’s. Proper inspection/measurement must be ensured so that all cutting parts are 100% accurate.
- All sizes of one Style/Cut on which we are inspecting should be pull out to recount if there are any missing ply. One bundle per size back or front panel.
- If any issues found regarding quality, it should be informed and showed to cutting Supervisor and discussed with him for possible rectification.
- If Cutting department is not sure of the marker they are using, the Supervisor will inform Cutting QC to double check the marker with the pattern prior to start spreading.
- Check Marker width against fabric width.
- Random checking of fabric in Cutting Department.
- Random checking of fabric for color shading.
- Random checking of fabric defects.
- Assist and train operators on part visual acceptability of fabric defects.
- Check the spreading randomly make sure they are spreading properly.
- Use the cut ticket and fabric roll sticker to complete the spreading/cutting inspection report.
- Report quality problems or findings to Quality Control Clerk, and Production Supervisor and follows up to ensure that corrective action will take place.
- Be able to determine the problem and root causes of defects and problems
- Be able to involve line feeding and ensure to implement everything related to quality
- Be able to maintain proper communication with supervisors, cutters, and spreaders
- Monday - Friday, 7:00am to 5:00 pm, (ten hours)
Medical, dental and vision insurances, 401k, employee resources such as TalkSpace for mental health, AloMoves yoga app membership, Maven for all paths to parenthood, and employee discounts.
Please send resumes to the provided email address by clicking the "APPLY" button below:
Equal Opportunity Employer